Unable to Upload files to FTP
An FTP client is unable to upload files to the FTP server. A user may receive the "Gene 6: 550 Cannot STOR" error.
Gene 6: 550 Cannot STOR. The file can't be opened, access denied.
Permissions to the appropriate directory were lost.
If you are a shared hosting customer, please contact support for assistance with this issue. Dedicated server customers can follow the instructions below.
Now you should be able to upload files using corrected account.
- Log into your dedicated server using Remote Desktop.
- Go to Start > All Programs > Gene6 FTP Server.
- Expand Local Machine and use admin and your server password as the credentials.
- Expand Domains.
- Expand the [IP address] of the site that has the problem user.
- Click on the Users folder and then delete the problem user.
- Re-add the user, giving it the same password and home directory.
- Right click on it and go to Properties > Access rights.
- Click on the path and change the access permissions to be able to Upload files and Make folders.
Article ID: 609, Created: April 10, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Modified: August 26, 2014 at 9:21 AM