Please note: This article is referring to making a backup of your database(s) only. If you need to backup an entire site and its file structure in addition to the database please see our article here.
- Log into your Plesk control panel
- From the Home tab, in the My Subscriptions section and click the domain you wish to create a backup for
- In the right sidebar, select Databases
- Find the name of the database you wish to backup and click Export Dump
- In the popup window that appears, select where inside of your site's file structure you wish to save the backup (this is required even if you want to download it)
- If you wish to download the backup, select Automatically download dump after creation
- Click OK to create the backup
Once your database backup has been created you will be given the option to download your backup. If you don't want to download at this time click on OK. The backup can be downloaded at a later time by navigating to the Database Backup Repository and clicking on the Green Circle/Arrow icon to the right of your backup.
Article ID: 595, Created: April 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Modified: November 23, 2021 at 12:42 PM