Transaction Log Full Error on DNN Site
You you trying to load your DotNetNuke site and are receiving a Transaction Log Full error message.
Your MSSQL Database transaction log file has grown too large, or had size limitations imposed on it by a previous host.
These steps require you to have Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio installed on your computer. Microsoft SQL Server Mangement Studio Express 2008 is available for free from Microsoft, and can be downloaded through this link: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=22985
- Log into SQL Server Management Studio.
- Expand Databases. Right click on your databse and select Properties.
- In the Select a page section click Options.
- Change the Recovery Model to Simple in the dropdown menu.
- In the Select a page section click Files.
- If the Autogrowth rules are set to restricted growth for either Rows Data or Log continue to the next step, if not please see our article on How to Shrink Your MS SQL Database Log File
- Click on the ... button in the Autogrowth column for the File Type that is incorrect.
- In the Maximum File Size section select Unlimited File Growth.
- Restart your website using the steps in the How to Recycle an IIS Application Pool article.
This will clear the error condition of Transaction Log is Full on your site.