Retrieve Files With Symantec Backup Exec on Your Dedicated Server
If you have a legacy dedicated server running Symantec Backup Exec and you would like to retrieve files from a backup you may follow the steps below.
- Log into your server through Remote Desktop.
- Select Start > Programs > Symantec > Backup Exec System Recovery > Backup Exec System Recovery.
- Click on Tasks > Recover My Computer.
- In the Recover My Computer box, check the View all Recovery Points box to display a list of all available backups.
- Right click on the backup you wish to restore files from and click Explore.
- Click OK on the Explore Options box
The backup will now open in a new explorer window and you can navigate to the folder containing the files you wish to restore, and drag them to the correct location on the local machine, you can then use the Control Suite to restore the site from the files you have copied to your server.