How to Create Anchors in Joomla
This article describes how to create anchor links in Joomla using TinyMCE.
Anchors are links within an article that are used to break down large articles. You will first need to determine how you want your article broken down and place anchors there. Then you will create links to the anchors in the article.
- Place your cursor at the location in the text where you want to create an anchor.
- Click the Anchor tab (see below) :
- Enter a name for the Anchor (Anchor1)
- Navigate to where the link to this anchor should appear such as at the beginning of the article.
- Type the text for the link to the anchor. (Anchor1)
- Highlight Anchor1 and click on Insert Link.
- From the drop down menu select Anchor1 and Joomla will automatically input the link URL.
- Click on Insert.
Note: Anchors will not work in preview mode. You must view the page on the front end to test this functionality.