MS SQL Server Error 0x80070218Issue
When performing a full text search, the results time out with the following error:
The cause for the "MS SQL Server Error 0x80070218" error is that the Log On user for the SQL Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher service is incorrect.
You will need to change the Log On user to Log On as Local System account. If you do not have a dedicated server these steps will need to be performed by a support technician.
SQL Server encountered error 0x80070218 while communicating with full-text filter daemon host
You should now be able to run your full text search again.
- Log onto the server with an administrator account.
- Click Start > Run.
- Type services.msc press enter.
- In the Services window scroll down to SQL Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher and double click on it.
- In the Properties window click on the Log On tab.
- Select Local System Account.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Right click SQL Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher and select Restart.
- Find SQL Server in the Services window.
- Right click and select Restart.
- Close the services window.