How to Create a New Database or Database User in the Plesk Control Panel
This article provides instructions on how to create a database and how to add a database user to an existing database in the Plesk Control Panel.
To Add a MSSQL or MySQL Database
To Add a User to the Database (Plesk 9 and Plesk 11 only)
- Log into your Control Panel.
- In Plesk 12 click on the Subscriptions tab and select the [domain] that you want to work with, the select the Websites & Domains tab.
- In Plesk 11 click in the My Subscriptions section click on the [domain]. Then click on the Websites & Domains tab.
- In Plesk 9 click on Domains then click on the [domain] needing a new database.
- Click on Databases.
Please note: In Plesk 12 it is in the right sidebar named Databases
- Click on the Add New Database icon.
- Next to Database Name enter the name you want to use. (If there is a database already using the name you choose, you will need to try a different one.)
- For Type, choose either Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL (DNN uses the Microsoft SQL Server.)
Please note: For Plesk 12 you can create the user at this point.
- You may ignore the Restore Database from backup file checkbox.
- Click on OK.
- Click on Add New Database User.
- For User Name, enter the name you want to use. (If there is a user already using the name you choose, you will need to try a different one.)
- Supply a password and click on OK.