How to Free Up Disk Space on a Dedicated ServerIssue
When you log into your server you notice that your are low on free disk space.
Generally this is caused by log files or backups accumulating over time.
- The folder C:\Backups\ maintains a list of all backups that are made by the Control Suite. You should browse this folder and delete any backups you feel are not necessary.
- The Plesk Backup folder, location depends on if your server is 2003 or 2008, contain all backups made through the Plesk Control Panel. You should browse this folder and delete any backups you feel are not necessary.
- Server 2003: C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Backups
- Server 2008: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Backups
- Your databases may have become bloated. Run the Control Suite command with the OptimizeSites parameter. To do this click Start > Run > "\netstrap\systemcontrol.netstrap.exe" OptimizeSites.
- You may have lots of log files lingering on your server. Click on Start > Run> "\netstrap\SystemControl.NetStrap.exe" PurgeAll.
Article ID: 443, Created: April 9, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Modified: August 28, 2014 at 10:10 AM