ERROR: The Stored Procedure Doesn't Exist
When you go to your website, you get an error similar to the one below. However, you have checked the database and you can verify that the stored procedure actually does exist.
This issue commonly occurs when scheduled backups are not configured correctly. The backup process may attempt to turn off the SQL database and not fully turn it back on.
These steps require you to have Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio installed on your computer. Microsoft SQL Server Mangement Studio Express 2008 is available for free from Microsoft, and can be downloaded through this link: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=22985
The stored procedure 'dbo.GetPortalAliasByPortalID' doesn't exist.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The stored procedure 'dbo.GetPortalAliasByPortalID' doesn't exist.
- Log into SQL Server Management Studio
- Go to Databases > [YourDatabase] > Security > Users
- Right-Click on the database user and select Properties.
- Under Database Role Member
- Ensure the following are checked: db_datareader, db_datawriter, db_owner
- Ensure the following are not checked: db_denydatareader, db_denydatawriter
- Click OK
Article ID: 436, Created: April 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Modified: August 26, 2014 at 8:58 AM