Login Failure for a Secondary FTP User: Bad Username or Password
When opening FTP to the domain with a secondary account, you receive the following error:
530 Login or Password Incorrect (Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password). Login failed.
The domain's secondary ftp user account is disabled in Windows or has an invalid password.
You will need to change the password on the account you are trying to use. For steps on this process, please see How to Change Existing FTP Account Username or Password.
If the above steps did not work dedicated server customers may perform the following steps. Shared hosting customers will need to contact the support team for assistance.
- Log into your dedicated server with Remote Desktop.
- Click on Start > Administrative Tools > Computer Manager.
- Go to Local Users and Computers.
- Click on Users.
- Select the user account with the problem, right click and select Properties.
- Uncheck Account Disabled.
- Click OK and test the account.
- Repeat the steps in first solution if issue persists.