Database is Stuck in (Principal, Disconnected / In Recovery)
Database is not accessible and is listed as "(Principal, Disconnected / In Recovery)".
This may happen if database server is abruptly power cycled or rebooted.
- Remote Desktop and log into the database server.
- Start SQL Server Management Studio.
- Right-click on your database and select Properties.
- Click on the Mirroring page and then click the Failover button.
- The database will now be listed as (Mirror, Synchronized / Restoring) and will be accessible from the other MS SQL Server
Article ID: 421, Created: April 9, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Modified: August 26, 2014 at 8:58 AM