How to Set Up Outlook
The settings in this article can also apply to Entourage, Thunderbird, iPhone POP3, and many other mail clients. This article was written for Outlook 2010. Prior to setting up Outlook or any other POP3 client, you must create your domain's mail accounts in your Plesk Control Panel.
- Start Outlook on your local machine.
- Click on File > Add Account.
- Enter Your Name, E-mail Address, and Password, Re-type Password based on the mail account configured in your Control Panel.
- Click on the radio button next to Manually configure server setting or additional server types and click on Next.
- In the Choose Service dialog box, keep the default Internet E-mail. Click on Next.
- Fill out the form with these details:
Your Name: [Your Name] (ie. Bob Smith)
E-mail Address: [Your Full Email Address] (ie. Bob.Smith@SmithCo.com)
Account Type: POP3
Incoming mail server: mail.[Your Domain] (ie mail.SmithCo.com)
Outgoing mail server: mail.[Your Domain] (ie mail.SmithCo.com)
User Name: [Your Full Email Address] (ie. Bob.Smith@SmithCo.com)
Password: [Your Password]
Notice: By default, Outlook will usually use an incomplete value for your username. Make sure to double check that it is your full email address.
- Click on the More Settings button.
- Select the Outgoing Server tab. Check My outgoing mail server requires authentication.
- Click on the Advanced tab. Set your Incoming Server (POP3) port to be 110 and your Outgoing Server (SMTP) port to be 25. (Some ISPs block port 25; if you have issues connecting please try using the alternate port of 2525.).
- Click OK, then Next, then Finish to complete the process.
You should now be successfully receiving mail on your POP3 client. If you are having any trouble please open a ticket with our Support team.