There Are No Host or Admin Tabs After Upgrading to DNN 6.X
After upgrading your site from 4/5 to 6 you no longer have the Host or Admin tabs visible on your site.
This is by design by the DotNetNuke Corporation since you are now able to access the Host and Admin menus from the Ribbon Bar on your DNN 6.X site. However, if you do wish to have these options in your menu they can be enabled.
These steps require you to have Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio installed on your computer. Microsoft SQL Server Mangement Studio Express 2008 is available for free from Microsoft, and can be downloaded at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=2298. If you're unfamiliar with making changes directly in SQL this can be done by one of our support staff.
Once these values have been changed in the database, the site must be restarted by following the steps in the following article: How to Restart Your Website
- Log in to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and connect to your database
- Expand the Tables and locate dbo.Tabs
- Right click on the Tabs table and select Edit Top 200 Rows
- In the TabName column find the entry for Host (usually the first entry in the column).
- In the Host row find the IsVisible column and change this entry from False to True.
- Repeat steps 3 - 5 for TabName = Admin.
Article ID: 364, Created: April 7, 2012 at 7:31 AM, Modified: August 25, 2014 at 2:41 PM