How to Upgrade Joomla to 1.5.25
Before a Joomla site can be upgraded above 1.5 it has to be on 1.5.25. To upgrade your Joomla 1.5 site:
- Download the Update Manager component from: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/pasamioprojects/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=4728
- Install the Update Manager. Refer to How to install an extension in Joomla for further instructions on this process.
- Go to Components > Update Manager.
- Click on Parameters and change the Download Method to curl.
- Click the download the update file link (see image below).
- Click on the Full Package link.
- The file 'Joomla_1.5.25-Stable-Full_Package.tar.gz' has been downloaded. Click on the link you can proceed with the install.
- You have successfully upgraded your Joomla! install! Congratulations!