Let' Encrypt(LE) is becoming an increasingly popular option for SSL Certificates. This is because it is very easy to use, quick, and most of all free! Plesk has an available extension for LE, so Managed.com customers have easy access to this feature. Unfortunately, DNN Advanced URLs conflict with LE's domain verification process. We have developed a way to get around this. A setting needs to be added into the database to make Advanced URLs ignore the path used for domain verification.
Automatic(Dedicated Server Only)
- Remote into your dedicated server
- Launch Control Suite
- Expand Domains, find your desired domain, expand the domain.
- Select the DNN Install
- Click Allow Let's Encrypt
- Once the task finishes, recycle the site's application pool.
In order to manually fix this issue, you will need to install a module that allows for greater control of Advanced URLs. So, you will need Host/SuperUser access to the DNN website.
- Download the DNNUrlManagement Module. (You can get this from here)
- Login to DNN as Host/SuperUser
- Browse to Host>Extensions
- Click Install Extension Wizard
- Click Choose File and select the .zip file you just downloaded. Click through the popup windows to finish the install
- Browse to Admin>Page Management
- Right click on the Admin, and click Add Page(s). Name the new page DNN URL Management
- Right click the newly added page and click View Page
- On the new page, expand the Modules button at the top and search for 'X3'. Drag and drop the module wherever you want on the page.
Applying the Fix
- With the new module added, switch to the Regular Expressions tab.
- In the Dialog box for Ignore URL Regular Expressions add the following text to the end of the line.
- The full line should look like:
Recycle the App Pool of the site.
Try to process the Let's Encrypt SSL again.
If you are having trouble with these steps or these steps did not resolve your issue. Contact the Managed.com Support team.