This article explains how to purchase a Comodo Instant (Organization Validation) or Comodo EV (Extended Validation) SSL certificate from Managed.com. For purchasing other SSL prroducts, please see this article.
As part of the Comodo validation process for these certificates
, you will need to register your business or organization with the Dun & Bradstreet commercial database
. Read the *Special Note*
below prior to beginning this process. This is also recommended to be completed prior to submitting your SSL order, as it will expedite the validation process. You can register with Dun & Bradstreet at the following links:
Special Note: It is very important that the phone number used for your Dun & Bradstreet registration is a direct contact number, and does NOT go to a phone tree or answering service. Comodo places an automated call to the registered phone number providing a verification code. This verification code is required to complete the SSL validation process.
Purchasing Your Certificate
You will need to generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) to complete the steps outlined below. If you haven't already generated a CSR, please see the article How to Generate a CSR
which describes that process.
Purchase an SSL from Managed.com
- Log in to your Managed.com Control Panel. If you are already logged in, you can access the Managed.com Store directly and skip to step #4.
- While logged in to the control panel, click the Account tab.
- In the Store section, click Buy SSL Certificate.
- Click on the SSL product you wish to purchase (Instant or Extended Validation). For other SSL product types, please see this article.
- Fill out the necessary information on the product page that you selected.
- Select the Subscription period (1 year, 2 years, etc).
- Supply the CSR (Certificate Signing Request).
- Select the Approver Email Address.*
- Select the Server Software Type (select Plesk)
- Uncheck the boxes each for Administrator, Billing, and Technical contacts. Ensure that existing information is correct, and that the Job Title and Phone fields are filled in for each section.
- Ensure that Organization, Organizational Unit, and DUN Number (if available) is filled in.
Please Note: The Approver Email Address is selected from a number of defaults. The address you select must be a valid, live email address. If none of the addresses available exist, you must create one to use for this process. This address is used to send a verification email which is required to proceed with the SSL provisioning. Please see this article for more information.
- Proceed through Checkout.
- After your SSL order is complete, click on the Account tab, and then click on All My SSL Certificates under the Subscriptions section. You should be able to see your certificate order listed.
- At this point you will need to wait for a few emails from Comodo, which may consist of a domain validation email, a Dun & Bradstreet registration request, and a phone verification email, These emails will be sent to the Approver Email Address that you selected during purchase. These emails are typically sent within an hour of your completed order, however it may take longer based on product type and whether the Dun & Bradstreet registration has been completed. If you do not receive any Comodo emails within 24 hours of purchase, please contact the Managed.com support team via ticket or phone. Once the emails are received, follow the links provided in the emails and supply the requested information/validation codes.
Below is an example of the domain validation email:
- If you did not pre-register with Dun & Bradstreet you will receive an email from Comodo requesting that you do so in order to proceed with the verification process. Please refer to the Dun & Bradstreet information at the top of this article, paying particular attention to the Special Note. The email from Comodo will look similar to the image below:
- Once the Dun & Bradstreet registration is complete or if you pre-registered, you should also receive a Callback email from Comodo. It is very important that the phone number you provided in the Dun & Bradstreet registration goes to a live person who will be handling your SSL order process, as it is used by Comodo to place an automated call providing a verification code. The Callback email will look similar to the image below:
- Once the domain validation, Dun & Bradstreet registration, and Callback verification is complete you will need to wait on the final email providing you with your SSL certificate. The length of time is dependent on the SSL product purchased (SSL Products and Pricing). The below example is for a Comodo Essential SSL, but the email you receive will look very similar:
- Once you have received the above email, your SSL purchase is complete!
Now that you have your SSL certificate, you will need to apply it to your site through your Control Panel. SSL Assist
is included for customers purchasing an SSL from Managed.com - please contact support by opening a ticket and attaching your new SSL. If you wish to apply the SSL certificate yourself, instructions for doing so can be found here: How to Apply an SSL Certificate in Plesk