Roundcube 500 Error (Linux)
Attempting to login to your Roundcube webmail results in a 500 error. Follow the steps provided in this article to identify and resolve this issue.
Viewing logs to determine exact error
- SSH into server
- Type cd /var/log/plesk-roundcube/
- Type tail errors (This will pull the most recent entries)
- Confirm the error is similar to the error provided below. If so, follow the rest of the steps in this article.
Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'DateTime::__construct(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead' in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_user.php:523
Resolving the timezone issue
- Type cd /etc/psa-webmail/roundcube/
- Type nano php.ini
- Add date.timezone = <SERVER_TIMEZONE> into the file in [PHP] section. (NOTE: You will need to put an actual timezone in. Use the official PHP Website for reference)
- Your new edit should look similar to the image below
- Type /sbin/service httpd restart (This will restart Apache)