A Trace Route can provide information on the path of a network connection and where it may be failing and therefore can be a valuable tool in identifying network issues. To run a Trace Route and share it with Managed.com, follow these steps:
- First, record your initial IP address. This can be learned by visiting https://www.whatismyip.com/.
- Hit the Windows key and type cmd which will launch a Command Prompt window
- Type tracert followed by the domain you wish to check (Example: tracert google.com) then use your Enter key
- Let the Trace Route run until it completes
- Right-click inside the Command Prompt window and Select All
- Ctrl-c on your keyboard to copy the text
- Open a ticket with Managed.com. Include your initial IP address and Ctrl-v to paste the text from the Trace Route into the body and send