How to Install DNN Using Control Suite
Please note: Control Suite is only accessible to VPS, Cloud and Dedicated server customers.
- From the Desktop of the server, open and log in to Control Suite.
- Double-click on Domains in the left-hand menu to expand the domain list.
- Double-click the domain in question, and click on No App Installed.
- Select Install App from the menu bar at the top of the Control Suite.
- DNN should be selected by default. Click Next, then select the version you would like to install from the drop-down.
- Click Next through the Select App Templates screen.
- You should see the Install Parameters screen. If you click Finish, Control Suite will now install DNN using the domain name for the basis of the database and database user, while giving the database user a randomized password. If you wish to change these items before proceeding, simply expand the Database section and fill in the information as appropriate. Any field left as <Auto> will generate as described above.
- If everything was done correctly, you should see commands being processed in the Control Suite output pane as below:
- When Control Suite is done installing and processing configuration, a browser window will open which will begin running the DNN installation script. It will look similar to this:
- Once the installation script is complete, scroll to the bottom and click the link to view your newly installed copy of DNN! Remember to change the host password ASAP as security best practices.
Article ID: 2502, Created: January 10, 2017 at 5:27 PM, Modified: August 24, 2017 at 7:17 PM