How to Install JCE
JCE is a robust third party text/html editor for Joomla. It builds off the core TinyMCE editor and is highly recommended in the Joomla community.
Download & Install JCE
- Download JCE from the Joomla Extensions Directory: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/edition/editors/88
- Login to the back end of your Joomla site. Refer to How to Access the Back End of a Joomla Site.
- Click on Extensions and then choose Extensions Manager.
- In the Upload Package File section click Choose File and navigate to the location JCE was downloaded.
- Click Upload & Install.
- You should receive message that the installation was successful.
Configure JCE as the Default Editor
- Login to the back end of your Joomla site.
- Go to Site > Global Configuration.
- In Site Settings change the Default Editor to JCE.
- Click on Save & Close.