Restrict RDP Access by IP Address
If you would like to restrict Remote Desktop access to your Dedicated server to an IP address or range of IP addresses on can do so by following the instructions below.
Edit Existing Firewall Rule
- Connect to your server via RDP.
- Open Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Click on Inbound Rules in the left pane.
- Locate your RDP Rule
- Right click the rule, go to Properties, switch to the Scope tab.
Creating Your IP Restrictions
The Scope tab is where you will add the IP addresses and ranges you want to access your server.
- In the Scope tab. edit the Remote IP Address section
- Click the radio button next to These IP Addresses
- Then click Add...
- If using a single IP Address, simply type it in the top text field, then click OK.
- For every additional single IP Address, repeat Steps 3 & 4.
- If you need to add an IP Range, click the radio button next to This IP range
- Type the start of the range in the From field, and the end of the range in the To field.
- For every additional range, repeat Steps 6 & 7.
- After adding every desired IP Address, click the OK button to finalize the changes.
Once your finalize the changes, you can test the rule by attempting to RDP to the server using an IP outside of the desired ranges. If it fails to connect, then the rule is successful.
If the rule is not successful, or you lose RDP connection to the server, please contact the Support Team.