The following error is generated after upgrading to DNN 7.3.x with the Active Forums module installed.
[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source]
System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) +467
DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalAliasController.GetPortalAliasLookupInternal(String alias) +94
DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalAliasController.GetPortalAliasInternal(String httpAlias) +31
DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalAliasController.GetPortalAlias(String alias) +5
DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalSettings.GetPortalAliasInfo(String portalAlias) +26
DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.ForumsReWriter.OnBeginRequest(Object s, EventArgs e) +397
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69
DNN is missing a stored procedure that is called upon by ActiveForums, which causes an error to be generated when attempting to run the installation/upgrade scripts.
To correct the issue, the stored procedure needs to be manually created in DNN's database.
- Connect to your MSSQL database by following these instructions: http://support.managed.com/kb/a1833/how-to-connect-to-your-mssql-database.aspx
- Once connected, open a new query by clicking 'New Query' and paste in the following query:
- Replace "[DATABASE]" with the name of your database. If you are using a custom schema, or you have an object qualifier, be sure to make those changes accordingly.
- Execute the query by clicking 'Execute' or by pressing the 'F5' key.
- Refresh the DNN upgrade page, and the DNN upgrade should run.
Article ID: 2284, Created: September 24, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Modified: October 2, 2015 at 4:26 PM