In this article it is explained how to create a Microsoft SQL server scripted backup
Please note: This article is intended for advanced users
- Connect to your database via remote connection following the below KB article:
How To Connect to Your MS SQL 2012 Database
- Select your database and right click then go to Tasks > Generate Scripts
- Once you select Generate Scripts you will be taken to a separate window
- Click Next
- Keep Script entire database and all database objects selected
- Click Next
- Keep Save to file checked and select the Advanced button
- In the advanced window select from Script DROP and CREATE change it to Script DROP and CREATE from Script CREATE
- If you are moving to an older version of SQL server and need to script it to a different version this can be changed under the Script for Server Version option:
- The last thing to change is the Types of data to script change this to Schema and data, this ensures that you have all the data including the schema
- Click Next.
- At the Summary screen, click Next.
- The Save or Publish Scripts will show the progress. Once it's finished, click Finish.
Article ID: 2097, Created: December 22, 2014 at 9:54 AM, Modified: January 12, 2015 at 8:13 PM