How to Retrieve and Change the Plesk Admin Password on a Linux Server
Please note: This article is only for Plesk 12.5 and below, this will no longer work in Plesk Onyx for security reasons
If you are a platform server customer and have forgotten your Plesk Control Panel admin password, follow the steps below. If you are a small business website customer and have forgotten your Managed.com Control Panel password, see
Retrieve the Plesk Admin Password
- Use Putty or a Mac terminal session to SSH into your server.
- Log in as the root user.
- Type /usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password and press Enter/Return.
- The password will be displayed.
Change the Plesk Admin Password
- Log into the Plesk Control Panel by typing https://IPAddress:8443.
- If prompted that your connection is not private, proceed to the server.
- In the Username field type admin.
- Supply the password you retrieved using the command above.
- Click Log in.
- In the left navigation window expand My Profile if needed.
- Click on Change Password.
- Enter the old password, then enter the new one twice and press OK.