cPanel’s backup system provides several options for backing up and restoring your website. A Full Backup is a complete backup that includes you home directory, your MySQL databases, and your email forwarders and filters. A Full Backup can be used to move your account to another cPanel server.
By choosing to make a Partial Backup, you have the ability to backup the Home Directory and restore one or more of the following:
- The Home Directory including the public_html folder that contains your website’s files
- The Databases
- Email forwarders
- Email filters
- Log into your cPanel account by pointing a browser to http://IPAddressOfServer:2083 and using the credentials provided.
- On the Home screen, in the Files section choose Backups.
- In the Partial Backups section, click the Home Directory button.
- A backup of the contents of your Home Directory will be compressed and downloaded to your local machine.
- To restore just the database, beneath Restore a MySQL Database click Choose File.
- Browse for your backup, then click Upload.
- To restore your website’s files, beneath the Restore a Home Directory Backup click Choose File.
- Browse for the backup then click Upload.
Article ID: 2033, Created: September 24, 2014 at 8:06 AM, Modified: February 11, 2015 at 1:37 PM