Server to Server Migration
With a server to server migration, all clients need to go through the signup process. During a server migration/transfer the customer has two choices.
The Managed.com support team performs the migration and the customer is charged $25 per site. We will spin up a new server and perform the migration of the sites, the customer will need to manage the change of IP address and updating of name servers.
These steps below will assist you to set the proper expectation when it comes to the migration process.
- Check the current server RAM utilization
- If the server has more than 1GB of RAM available during normal utilization, move on with the migration.
- If the server has less than 1GB of RAM available, recommend that the customer upgrade their RAM.
- Strongly recommend they upgrade their DotNetNuke installations to the latest version.
- This will assist the migration process and stop possible compatibility issues.
- Let them know that IP addresses will not move over
- The customer will cease all content and configuration modifications 24 hours prior to the migration
- There will be a $25 charge per site migrated
- The standard is 4 sites per hour in an 8 hour period, with a 4 site minimum.
- Email will not be migrated.
The customer can purchase the server and perform the migration themselves. They will be responsible for the migration process.
***Important Billing Information***
When you are migrating to another server you will be given a 15 day "transition period" before the new server is billed. In that 15 day period, it is the customer's responsibility to get everything migrated and to submit a Termination Request on the old server. If the migration is not complete and the termination request is not entered, prior to the completion of your 15 days, both servers will be billed (this includes both your existing server and the new server).
The 15 day "transition period" begins once you have completed the training session for your new server.