How to Set Up Scheduled Backups in Your Control Panel
If you would like to configure scheduled backups of your website please follow the instructions below.
Note: Although the daily option is available while scheduling your backups, this will be automatically reset to weekly backups by a nightly scheduled task to ease load on both server resources. If a backup between the weekly scheduled backups is required please contact the Support Department.
- Log in to the Plesk control panel.
- Select the Websites & Domains tab on the left.
- Dedicated server customers: choose Subscriptions and then click on the subscription name instead
- Select the Backup Manager on the right.
- Click the Schedule link.
- Complete the following required information regarding your scheduled backups:
- Check Activate this backup task in order to turn this task on.
- Select a Backup period (see the note at the top of this article).
- Select a day and time to start your backups, as well as the interval (weekly, monthly).
- Choose to either use incremental backups or only full backups.
- Full backups are complete backups of all items.
- Incremental backups only include items that have changed since the last full backup.
- Decide how long you wish to retain backups based on the interval selected.
- Note: Backups do add to your disk space usage so we do not recommend keeping more than 2 - 3 full backups at one time depending on your allotted disk space.
- Choose which site items to include in the backup
- Choose where to store the backup if remote/FTP storage is configured
- Choose which extra items to configure
- Exclude Log Files will exclude site and database log files from the backup, helping to reduce the size of the backup
- DO NOT select Suspend Domain Until The Backup Task Is Complete, as the site will remain suspended if the backup stalls or fails
- Click OK