How to Fix AWStats when it does not Generate Statistics
NOTE: AWStats is a deprecated statistics program, and no longer works in our environment. We recommend using Google Analytics.
You must be a dedicated server customer to perform these steps. If you are a shared hosting customer or need assistance with this process, please contact support.
- Ensure that log rotation is enabled and that log files are present for the period of time stats are to be generated.
- Navigate to the Plesk directory, and then to \Additional\AWStats\wwwroot\cgi-bin\
- In that folder should be a file like awstats.website.com.conf. If there isn't, copy the file from a different site's AWstats and modify it to match its new domain.
- Find the LogFile="C:\..." line, and change it to reflect the appropriate path, like C:\inetpub\vhosts\website.com\statistics\logs\$FOLDERNAME$\u_ex%YY%MM%DD.log
- Find the DNSLookup line, make sure it says only DNSLookup=0. Looking up every host takes forever.
- Re-run the stats by navigating to the \Additional\AWStats\wwwroot\cgi-bin\ directory in the command line and running perl awstats.pl -config=website.com -update
- Re-generate the stats page by running the following command in the same directory: perl awstats.pl -config=website.com -output > C:\inetpub\vhosts\website.com\statistics\webstat\index.html
- Make scheduled tasks in Plesk that do steps 6 and 7 every night.
- Backup the configuration file, because if you use Control Suite to run statistics on a domain, the settings will be changed.