Create the Location that the user will be uploading files to (OPTIONAL)
- Go to C:\InetPub\
- Create a folder named "FTP"
- Inside of FTP, create a folder named "UPLOAD"
- This will create the path C:\InetPub\FTP\UPLOAD
Install FileZilla FTP Server
- Log into the server through remote Desktop
- Browse to https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=server and download the FileZilla Server
- Install FileZilla Server
Configure the Windows Firewall Settings
- Launch Windows Firewall
- Right-Click on "Inbound Rules" and select "New Rule"
- Select "Port" and click Next
- Select "TCP", Select "Specific local ports" and enter "21,22,1025-1050". Then click "Next"
- Check "Allow the Connection" and then click "Next"
- Ensure that all Profiles are checked, and then click "Next"
- Name the rule "CUSTOM - FTP" and click "Finish"
Configure the FTP Firewall Settings
- Launch FileZilla Server Interface
- Click on Edit > Settings
- Select "Passive mode settings"
- Check "Use Custom Port Range" and enter 1025-1050
- Click OK
Create the User that will be uploading files
- Launch the FileZilla Server Interface
- Click on the icon that looks like a single person. The "Users" dialog should appear.
- Under "Users" click "Add".
- Type UPLOAD as the username
- Click OK
- Check the "Password" box and enter a password
- Click on "Shared Folders".
- Under Shared Folders, click "Add".
- Select the folder that the user should have access to.
- Give the user permissions to that folder
- Under the "Files" section and the "Directories" section, click the appropriate permissions.
- Generally you will want users to have all permissions.
- Once you have given the user permissions to their folders, right click on one directory and select "Set as home dir".
- The home directory is the place the user will start when they connect to FTP.
Article ID: 1891, Created: August 22, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Modified: August 23, 2013 at 9:39 AM