How to Install and Activate Modules In Drupal
This article assumes that you have Drupal installed. If you haven't installed Drupal, see How To Install Drupal Manually
Install a Module
- Go to drupal.org and download a module that you would like to apply to your site.
- You can install modules in Drupal one of two ways
- Install from a URL by copy and pasting the URL from drupal.org.
For example: http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/name.tar.gz
- Upload a module archive to install.
- Select Modules > Install New Module
- If you copied the link from drupal.org paste it in the Install From a URL option.
- If you downloaded the theme from drupal.org you can upload the ZIP to your site and install from there.
- Select Install.
- After installing your modules successfully select Enable Newly Added Modules.
- Scroll down the module list to find the module that you recently installed.
- Check the box in the Enabled column to enable the module.
Note: If you are unable to enable the module you may be missing a module that your module depends on.
- Once this is completed your module is successfully enabled and able to be used.