How to Install Themes in Drupal
This article assumes that you have Drupal installed and ready to go. If you haven't installed Drupal see How To Install Drupal Manually
In this article it explains how to install Themes on your Drupal site.
- Go to drupal.org and download a theme that you would like to apply to your site.
- You can install themes in Drupal one of two ways
- Install from a URL by copy and pasting the URL from drupal.org.
For example: http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/name.tar.gz
- Upload a theme archive to install.
- Select Appearance > Install New Theme.
- If you copied the link from drupal.org paste it in the Install From a URL option.
- If you downloaded the theme from drupal.org you can upload the ZIP to your site and install from there.
- Select Install.
- Once it has completed the install select Enable newly added themes.
- Locate your newly installed theme and select Enable if you want to just enable it. If you want to enable it and make it the default theme for the site select Enable and set default.
- If you want to edit the look and feel like color of the header, background, text color, etc. you can select Settings to do so.