Our referral program allows you to receive credits for customers who you refer to Managed.com. All customers can participate in our referral program.
Requirements for participating in the Referral Program
You must be a current customer in good standing
How Referrals are Paid
You receive a credit equal to the value of one month's service of the plan signed up for any qualified customers you refer to us. For example, if you refer Bob to us and Bob signs up for a $100/mo account, we will apply a credit of $100 to your account. This credit is not to exceed your monthly bill. So if Bob signs up for $100/mo account and you are only paying $20/month, then we will place a $20 credit on your account.
Qualified Referrals are new customers who meet the following conditions:
- The referred customer is a new customer to us. You cannot refer someone who already has service.
- The referred customer provided your referral code or provided your email address as their developer when signing up.
Making Sure You Get Credit for Your Referrals
Option 1: The customer provides your email address as their developer when signing up.
When going through the signup process, new customers are prompted to provide their developer's contact information. If they provide your email address as their developer, that email address will receive the credit.
Option 2: The customer provides your referral code when signing up.
When going through the signup process, new customers are given the opportunity to provide a referral code. If they provide your referral code, your account will receive the credit.
Option 3: The customer clicks on a URL that has your referral code in it.
If you run a blog or web design business, it may be easier for your customers to simply click a URL rather than enter in your information. The process below allows you to automatically enter your referral code for any customers who click a specially designed URL that you provide. Here's an example of how it works:
- Choose the Managed.com webpage you want to link people to.
For example: www.powerdnn.com /Hosting/CreateaNewSite/ChooseaPlan/tabid/292/Default.aspx
- Place ?RID=#### at the end of the URL where the #### is your referral code.
For example: www.powerdnn.com /Hosting/CreateaNewSite/ChooseaPlan/tabid/292/Default.aspx?RID=12345
- When the customer clicks the link, a cookie will be set that will automatically enter your referral code for them when they sign up. This cookie expires after 30 days.
What is my Referral Code?
Your referral code is the same as your Account ID. To get your account ID:
- Log into your hosting control panel.
- At the top of the screen it will "Your Name (Account ID: ####)". The #### is your account ID.
Credits will only be added to your account after the customer you referred has been with Managed.com for a consecutive 90 days with no interruption to their service.