Error: This Web Site Cannot be Started. Another Web Site May Be Using the Same Port
When attempting to start web site in IIS 6/7/8 manually you receive the error message stating This Web site cannot be started. Another Web site may be using the same port.
- In IIS there are duplicate host headers.
- In the Plesk Control Panel. You may have had an issue deleting domain aliases. If you were able to delete them this possible cause may happen due to Plesk deleting them from the database and not IIS.
Please note: This article is in reference to dedicated server customers. If you think this might be an issue on your shared hosting plan please contact support as they will be able to determine what the cause may be.
- In IIS check all the sites bindings by doing the following
- Open IIS.
- Expand the Web Sites list.
- Right click on a web site.
- Select Bindings.
- Go through each web site listed to find any duplicates.
- Once you find the duplicates you can delete the one that it doesn't belong to.
Article ID: 1819, Created: February 5, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Modified: August 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM