/Reports/ Folder Prompts for Login
When you go to a URL in your website that has /REPORTS/ in it, a popup box displays asking you to log in.
This is caused by using MS SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services. In previous version of Reporting Services, MS SQL Server created a virtual directory that was used for reporting. However, SQL 2008 talks directly to HTTP.SYS and bypasses IIS directly for registering the /REPORTS/ virtual directory.
To resolve this issue, you must disable Reporting Services for MS SQL 2008 using the following instructions. If your site is on a shared server this must be done by a member of the support team. Open a ticket through your control panel explaining the situation.
Reporting services will now be disabled and the URL should work correctly.
- Log into your server via Remote Desktop
- Click on Start > Administrative Tools > Services
- Select SQL Server Reporting Services and click STOP on the left hand side.
- Right click on SQL Server Reporting Services and click Properties.
- Set Startup Type to Disabled and click OK.
Article ID: 164, Created: April 6, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Modified: August 26, 2014 at 8:58 AM