How to Add Google Analytics Code to a Joomla Site
- You will need to setup a Google Analytics account. You can sign up for one with the following link: Google Analytics
- Login to the back end of your Joomla site. If you need help logging into your back end you can go here: How do I access the back end of my Joomla site?
- Go to Extensions > Template Manager.
- Click on Templates (You are currently in Styles).
- In this example, we're using the default template. Substitute your template name for beez_20. Select beez_20 Details and Files.
- In the Template Manager: Customise Template page locate the Template Master Files and select Edit main page template
- Search for </head> (Use Control + F for most browsers).
- Insert the code as specified in the graphic below.
Note: It will take up to 24 hours before Google Analytics will have enough data to generate information for your site.