Can't Open Domain Error Message when Creating Email Accounts
When you try to create or manage email accounts, you get one of the errors below:
Unable to update mail account properties: mailmng failed: Can't open domain Domain: [Domain.com] Reason: Failed to get domain information
This is caused when the Control Panel and mail server become unsynced.
Shared hosting clients should contact the support team for assistance. Dedicated server customers can resolve this issue themselves using the steps below.
ERROR: PleskFatalException mailManager->turnOnDomain() failed: mailmng failed: MEAOSM.Domain.GetDomain failed Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: PleskFatalException mailManager->turnOnDomain() failed: mailmng failed: MEAOSM.Domain.GetDomain failed
You should now be able to successfully create or manage email accounts.
- Log into the dedicated server through Remote Desktop.
- Click Start > Run > cmd.exe.
- Type cd %plesk_bin%.
- Type mchk.exe --all --fix=all.
- If you receive an error you will need to reset the SmarterMail Admin password. Follow the steps in our How to Reset the SmarterMail Admin Password article.
- Once you have reset the SmarterMail Admin password repeat step 4.
Article ID: 106, Created: April 5, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Modified: August 28, 2014 at 9:49 AM